We’ve released Version 4.0 of our app for iPhone. Download it or get the update here. New features include:
- A widget for seeing which dogs are arriving and departing today
- Spotlight search for finding messages by Guest, Host or dog name
- Stickers for adding to text conversations
- Apple Pay for Guests at checkout
Here’s how you can use and/or add these features to your phone. Note: Full functionality requires an iPhone with iOS 10.
Add the DogVacay widget to see which dogs are arriving and departing from your home screen.
To add the widget, swipe from the left across the middle of your home screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and then click “edit.”
Add the "DogVacay" widget.
Once added, see who is arriving and leaving today from your home screen (whether it's locked or unlocked).
To see more information about a reservation, click on the widget and it takes you to the Vacay section of the app.
Use Spotlight search to quickly find Guests or Guest dogs from your home screen.
Start by pulling down from the center of your home screen or widget screen.
Type in the Guest or Guest dog name. We'll show any mentions or interactions associated with those names.
Click on the name to be taken to the conversation in the app.
Add stickers to messages.
While you're writing a text message, click on "A" (the app button) button to pull up the VacayCam sticker keyboard.
To send just a sticker, select it. Then send.
To add stickers to photos you’re sending via iMessage to another iPhone user:
- Select a photo and send it.
- Open the sticker keyboard and choose a sticker.
- Hold your finger on the sticker (a long press) and drag it onto the image in one motion without lifting your finger from the screen.
- Make sure the sticker is exactly where you want it before your lift your finger. It’s not possible to reposition the sticker once it’s added.
- Note: If the person you're sending to doesn't have iOS 10, the sticker will appear as a separate message.
Check out with Apple Pay.
Guests now have an additional way to pay when booking with a smart phone. Apple Pay is linked to the Guest’s credit card. Learn more about Apple Pay here.
We hope you'll find these updates both useful and helpful- check back in the Support Center for future updates.