If I live in Canada, can I pay and get paid in Canadian dollars?
Yes. Starting June 16, 2016, services booked and provided in Canada are billed in Canadian dollars (CAD).
What should I know if I’m a Guest?
- Any bookings made before the CAD start date will be in U.S. dollars (USD), no matter date or time of acceptance. To be charged in CAD the Reservation Request or Custom Quote must be sent after the CAD support is turned on.
- Canadian vet bills will be reimbursed in CAD, and $250 out-of-pocket expense is in CAD as well.
- Any refunds to bookings made prior to the switch, will still be refunded in USD.
- Booking with a U.S. Host will still be in USD.
- Bookings can be made in CAD on our desktop site, mobile site and our app for iOS or Android.
What should I know if I’m a Host?
- Hosts must manually update their own prices to reflect the rate they wish to charge in CAD. DogVacay will not be updating prices for them.
- Hosts should update prices on the day of the release, not prior.
- Any bookings made before the CAD start date will be in USD, no matter date or time of acceptance.
- Pack promoter will be paid out in CAD to Canadian Hosts.
Are there different coupons for different currencies?
No. A coupon for $20 off is good for $20 in the local currency where the service is booked. A $20 coupon is worth USD20 for a booking in Los Angeles and CAD20 for a booking in Toronto.
What if I’m a Host, and a move from the U.S. to Canada or vice versa?
If a Host moves across the CA/USA border (or plans to move), DogVacay automatically will update the currency accordingly.