What is Instant Book?
Instant Book is an easy way for Guests to book a sitter on short notice or to book a favorite sitter quickly. It streamlines the booking process for Host and Guest, alike. Here’s how it works:
- If you and your pet(s) match the Host’s requirements, Instant Book is available to you. (Read more about those requirements below.)
- Instant Book is finalized at checkout. At that time, your booking is automatically approved, charged to your card and added to the Host’s calendar.
- Instant Book is available for both overnight and daycare reservations.
How do I know if a Host offers Instant Book?
Just look for Hosts with the Instant Book icon.
You will see a lightning bolt icon next to the listed price, just to the right of the Host’s name.
What are a Host’s Booking Requirements?
- All Hosts in the DogVacay Community have the option to participate in Instant Book. They can determine what kinds of dogs (based on breed, size and age) are a good fit for their homes.
- Meet-n-Greets also may be a requirement for some Hosts.
What happens if my dog doesn’t meet the Host’s booking requirements?
- We recommend finding a Host who offers services for your dog's size, age, and breed. You can use filters to search for a Host with these preferences.The Host must then accept that request before the reservation is confirmed.
- If you and the Host have already made arrangements and they have made an exception for your dog, you may still submit a Reservation Request. It just won't be accepted instantly.
What if I need to cancel or modify an Instant Booking?
The same policies and procedures of a regular reservation are applied to an Instant Book cancellation or modification.
- To learn more about cancellations for overnight stays, please click here.
- To learn more about canceling or modifying a Daycare reservation, please click here.
What can I do to prepare for Instant Book?
- Make sure your profile is complete with all the information about your pet(s). If you’ve added a new pet to your family recently, be sure to include him or her.
- If there’s a sitter you think you’d like to book in the near future, consider asking for a Meet-n-Greet at a mutually convenient time. That way the Host will already know your dog.
- Keep in mind that you can also send a Host a message after an Instant Book is made for any additional questions.