To maintain a consistent, premium Guest experience we require that all Hosts:
- Maintain a 95% Response Rate (you respond to 95% of the messages you receive)
- Respond within 24 hours (you respond to every inquiry in less than 24 hours)
That said, we strongly encourage Hosts to reply to every single inquiry in 30 minutes.
- If you respond in less than 30 minutes, your Guest is 50% more likely to book!
We’ve got some tools and systems in place to ensure it’s easy to keep a perfect Response Rate:
- Download our free mobile apps to respond on the go from your iPhone or Android.
- Opt in to receive text notifications when you receive new messages. You can also reply directly to the text.
- Even a quick reply to let Guests know you'll get back to them can help to secure a booking.
- Check your "Unresponded" messages frequently.
- Update your calendar to avoid unwanted messages if you're traveling or otherwise unavailable.
- Ask for additional information if the request is missing key details.
- If it’s not a good fit, politely let Guests know and refer them to our Concierge team.
It’s important to note that if you don’t maintain an acceptable Response Rate, your profile may be removed from search results!
Note: Responding to old messages may affect the response time on your dashboard. As you answer new messages more quickly, this number will improve over time.