Saying “thank you” for your Guest’s business makes your Guests feel special, deepens your relationship with them, and in turn, builds repeat business and referrals. From simple ideas, to more elaborate DIY gifts, see tips from DogVacay Hosts below!
Quick and Easy Ways to Say “Thanks”
- A Phone Call or Message. Depending on their preferred method of communication, Host Pat G. will message or call a new Guest a few days after the Vacay is complete to check on the pup and thank the Guest for choosing her. This is a great way to show how much she cares about how the Vacay went, how the pup is doing, and that she appreciates the Guest’s business!
- A Handwritten Note. In the times of email and text, a handwritten note can be very powerful! Host Michele K. makes sure her Guests go home with a handwritten thank you note (and sometimes cookies too!) to let them know how much she loves caring for their pups.
Moderate to Elaborate Ways to Say “Thanks”
- A Free Bath. This is a great way to enhance the Vacay experience and say “thanks,” as well as introduce the other services that you offer! Host Amy M. does with every week long stay. Just be sure to check in with the Guest about any allergies or skin sensitivities!
- Goody Bags. Inside, you can include your business card, a thank you note, and a special treat! They’re a great take away to keep Guests thinking about what an awesome Host you are, even after the Vacay is over. Hosts Amber G., Kristen B., and Joe M. all use them!
- Homemade Treats. There is something very personal and nostalgic about receiving home-baked goods! Host Traci W. sends her Guests home with baked dog biscuits and personalized recipe tags.
Photo Courtesy of Host Traci W.
- Framed Photos. Host Dale B. likes to take his best photo updates of his Guests and frame them to send home with the owners. The prints are relatively inexpensive and you can find cost-effective frames at discount stores!
- Dog-Inspired Arts & Crafts. Hosts Sabrina W. and Lilian L. send their pups home with pup-inspired art to remind them of the great Vacays they had! With some watercolors, paper or canvas, and Guest pup paws…you’ve got a masterpiece in the making.
Photo Courtesy of Host Sabrina W.
These are just some of the many ways to say "thank you" to Guests who choose your services. Get creative! In addition to quality pet care, these special touches go a long way in building long-term repeat business!