If you think that you will need to bring a Guest or resident pet to the vet, please contact DogVacay immediately. We can be reached at 855-364-8222.
Our Trust & Safety team is on-call 24/7 to offer their support and additional information.
For incidents involving Guest pets...
- When a Guest pet receives medical treatment for a condition that is covered by our Protection Plan, DogVacay will reimburse you for any veterinary costs incurred and will charge the Guest their $250 out-of-pocket expense. Our Trust & Safety team will work with you to collect invoices for these expenses.
- In the event that a Guest pet needs treatment for a condition that is not covered by our Protection Plan, the Guest will be held liable for the full cost. For this reason, it is important to notify the Guest prior to treatment when possible.
- If you're unable to cover the initial cost of a Guest pet's treatment, our Trust & Safety team can work with you on direct payment options.
For incidents involving your own resident pets...
- When a resident pet receives medical attention for a condition that is covered by our Protection Plan, DogVacay will reimburse you for any costs up to the coverage limit.
- In the event that a resident dog needs treatment for a condition that is not covered by our Protection Plan, you will be responsible for the full cost of treatment.
Coverage does not include...
- Personal Host property
- Pre-existing veterinary conditions or old age
- Pet care provided outside of DogVacay
- Injuries to pet sitter and related parties
- Meet and Greets
- Congenital/hereditary exclusions.
For more details, please visit our Insurance page.